140 North Main Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85701
The Tucson Museum of Art's mission is connecting art to life.
First established in 1924 as the Tucson Fine Arts Association, the museum made its home in the Kingan House on Franklin Street in the El Presidio Historic District. In 1954 the association was officially renamed the Tucson Art Center to establish our exhibition and education mission.
In 1975 the Tucson Art Center moved to its present location and became the caretaker of five historic properties--La Casa Cordova, Romero House, Edward Nye Fish House, Stevens/Duffield House and the Corbett House - and our name was changed to the Tucson Museum of Art to reflect our collecting activities.
Today the Tucson Museum of Art and Historic Block encompasses an entire city block in historic downtown, and features original and traveling exhibitions focusing on Art of the Americas, Art of the American West, and Modern and Contemporary Art as well as tours, education programs, Art School, and Museum Shop to delight and educate visitors. The Tucson Museum of Art serves the city and surrounding regions and is committed to broadening public access to the arts, enriching daily life.